18.8.07

Zouk

Went to Zouk on friday as NUS Bizad (pronounced biz-ad) had a pageant there. This was the second time that I went to a Bizad event because my friend was in the committee. The group of us reached the place at eight, which was a little too early: the door only opens at 2030. Thus, we went to the nearby hotel and loitered there. As the time approached, we found that there was already a queue at the entrance. The fifteen bucks admission comes with a complimentary drink. The pageant, involving a catwalk and a performance section, was a popularity based one. As I didn't know any of the couples, I just passed my tickets to my friends, asking them to help me vote instead. The pageant event lasted an hour half and thank god it was over as I thought it was rather boring. Anyway, the whole place was flooded with their supporters. When they finally cleared the stage, there were still long bouts of hesitations before people start dancing. By then, we were checking the progress in Phuture. It's slightly smaller, but comfortably so. However, the music wasn't to my liking. Couldn't really dance to the songs, somehow just not 'high' enough. Thus, was just moving along to the beats just for the sake of it. Didn't drink much, just a vodka lime and shared a beer as I don't want to be drunk in a public place. Yet, this outing was fun as I caught up with friends from the university and one, very drunk, who just came back from an exchange programme. Wouldn't mind another outing like this.

No comments: