13.8.07

Week of wasting time

Finally, block leave (forced to take), has arrived. Basically, I wanted to exercise during this period and also to tidy up some of my personal matters. In the end, my resolution materialised only for the first two days for which I ran and swim. Quite expected, ran about two rounds around Bishan park (the smaller circuit) and I couldn't take it. That was quite disasterous if I want to improve on my physical fitness for my yet to pass SOC. The swim was not that bad, missed the water. Anyway, had to return to camp for a simple parade on Wednesday. It was quite a waste of time as I was expecting some speech from the minister for defence. Instead, it was an impromptu speech from my about-to-leave CO about remaining vigilance and some irony which I do not understand. Later part of the day, I went to my SC house for mahjong. Didn't win that much but at least it's still a win. His house is very bin zhi ru gui. For the rest of the week, met up with classmates for our planning for our end-of-year trip to Korea. Have to say this, the meeting wasn't as successful because we kept procrastinating on our decisions. A large part of it was depending on Eugene to plan for us, guess most of us prefer to follow. Well, really hope that I can go to Korea. Currently, the tour package costs about 1.7k , which is quite expensive. I don't mind though because if I really do go to Korea, it would be my second time , and I mean it, second time leaving Singapore. Not everyone is as rich, but it would be fun. Anyway, planning to learn some Korean language before embarking for the trip or else might be another Babel movie. Besides, there's nothing much for me to do anyway. Heard from Jay that my driver went Bangkok with him. Well, that's a shocking news because I didn't know anything, but that's besides that point.
Didn't catch any movie this week because none of my friends interested in 881 or secret. Bourne ultimatum seems good but there's conflicting interest in the show. Anyway, will be going to a short and no bbq chalet on Monday.

No comments: