16.8.07

Listening Ear

Everyone needs a listening ear, meaning someone to listen to your stories of joy, sadness, anxiety, stress or depression. This can come in the form of friends, parents or maybe strangers. Very often, as we grow up, there are less people to share our stories with. Even worse, we become more introvert, thinking that we should not bore people with small matters. To keep it safe, many people leave things bottled up, waiting hopefully for the listening ear to probe. Over the years, I have become a listening ear to my friends, listening to stories of how stressed they are, problems that they faced in their work, studies and relationships. I may not be able to solve their problems, but at least we can work out the solution. It's good to share so that we know that we are not alone in it. Many times, I keep things to myself, thinking that it is unfair to worry people over my matters. But as I said, everyone needs a listening ear.

No comments: