14.8.07

Commanders' Chalet at Coast Sand Pasir Ris

Yipee, had a commanders' chalet from 130807 to 140807, organised by my fellow commander. It was a pot luck event and I volunteered to bring the drinks as I couldn't think of what to bring. Bought a couple of soft drinks to accompany the hard liquor. When I realised other people were bringing massive amounts of finger food, curry, pizza, noodles and desserts, I felt very cheapo. My drinks couldn't have cost more than twenty. Anyway, we could have invited the children from Oliver Twist: there were that many food and we definitely did not finish. How wasteful. Before arriving at the chalet, I thought that there would not be sufficient to eat and hence had a pre-dinner at KFC. Luckily I did not eat too much, just a one-piece chicken. Since the food was so mouth-watering, they deserve a mention. These include meat dumplings, spiced chicken wings, potato croquette and blueberry pie. After dinner, it's time for mahjong. We set up three tables, as if we were in some mahjong competition. I played throughout the night. Lost heavily in the first two games and won back some in the last game. Mahjong is a noisy game, with its tiles shuffling and the random shouts of excitement when you win. However, our neighbours went to complain that we were too noisy and had disturbed their precious sleep. For their information if they do not know, chalet is a place where you do not waste time sleeping. Rather, it's a place to try out exciting games. The security guard came a few times, informing us of our volume. As if I really care. We booked the chalet and we have equal rights to do what we want. Even more shocking, the logistics personnel, or whatever you call it, asked if we wanted to shift our stuffs to the opposite block so that we could still continue to play at acceptable volume. I was quite flummox. Eventually, we agreed to lower our volume. Anyway, during the chalet, two of them celebrated their birthdays. Someone bought a cake and we wished them a happy birthday. Didn't want to do anything exciting because we were in the midst of our mahjong and most importantly, we do not want to be public nuisance.
Have to say, it's a fun fun fun chalet.

No comments: