15.7.08

Movie: Red Cliff

Synopsis:
Adapted from The romance of the three kingdom's battle of the red cliff, this movie tells the story leading towards the battle at the red cliff.

Review:
The most expensive Asian film made, I would say that the money was well spent. From the wonderful casts of Tony Leung, Takeshi Kaneshiro and many more A-listers to the majestic scenes to the intellectual battle strategrams, there's almost nothing more a movie-goer could ask for. Especially the second battle where the ba gua formation was deployed, looking at the ever changing battle formation and the impressive fighting actions, one almost wants to join in the action. The only misgiving I have is the character of Xiao Qiao (Zhou Yu's wife) who I feel is a rather insignificant one or maybe that the actress did not perform to her fullest potential. Other than that, while watching Zhao Wei, I thought I was watching Xiao Yan Zi. I guess I have to wait for a couple more months for the highly anticipated part two.

Rating:
4/5

No comments: