Met up at Tampines for a hearty breakfast (Macs...) and to shop for our lunch at NTUC. Bought drinks, nata de coco in three different flavours and canned tuna. Seriously, I thought that we bought too much, but Ra was complaining (even until the end of the ride) that we didn't get his curry flavoured tuna.
Off we went to Changi Sailing Club.


Looking at all the boats, I was so glad that it was different from what I envisioned: a helpless sampan with oars.
The first thing Ra did was to claim the life vest as his. This tells much about what he thought of Aaron's driving skills. Somehow, when the hydrophobic Ra boarded the boat, he looked really nervous and scared. Too bad, as his fate is sealed and the boat is sailing.
Without telling us to sit tight, Aaron just started the engine and sailed off, amid the shouts of the owner that it was too fast.
Just the start of our ride and we almost banged into a bouy (we were less than a metre from it) and I lost my new shirt which I hung it somewhere. Seems like a bad omen...
Anyway, what else to do on board but lazing around, chit-chatting, enjoying the scenery and fishing. With 1kg of prawns as baits, we were ever ready for line-fishing.
Looking into what treasures Ra brought in his bag, we found his antique RM radio (which resembled a handphone ages ago), which required some knocking to tune it.
Jay posing with Ra's radio and bag

Just when we were happily trying to get more fish, Aaron decided to pay his friends in Changi Naval Base a 'visit' and thus began an adventure we more than bargained for. The first time we entered the restricted zone, Aaron was proudly waving his hands at the look-out post, at the same time shouting "I'm here!" However, he was ignored. But his wish was granted when we sped into the zone again. It was like filming some chasing scene in some movie, so dangerous and scary as I thought we were going to get shot by the sea soldiers. Handing over my ic, I hoped Aaron got what he wanted. A pity my camera was not splash resistant, the action sequence would have been a hit in youtube.
If I thought that was the end of the thrills, I was definitely wrong. After escorted away from the restricted zone, Aaron went full throttle after being told by weather b**ch Ra that the storm was ten minutes away. How Ra uses his knees, or breathing in the nitric-scented air to tell the weather is still a mystery. At full speed, our butts kept hitting against the seat and Ra kept making weird noises. Unable to pee while Aaron is driving (whether is he on his phone or hands off the steering wheel), I had to use a pee bottle. Yucks.
At our last fishing spot, we caught this mini shark and had to let it go. To think that Ra wanted to lure the mother shark.
Time's up and we had to go. With Ra behind the wheels, he brought us unknowingly into shallow waters. The engine suddenly died and I was afraid that we will never reach home. Luckily, with the oar, we pushed the boat into deeper waters.
While driving, the boat looked like it has a whale's tail. So cool.
Soon to reach shore and safe, not in Aaron's dictionary as he decided to do a couple of J turns and complete turns. All of us were holding on tightly to any bars available. It was definitely more thrilling than a rollercoaster ride. I surely wished that I bought insurance for this trip.
To celebrate the end of Ra fiesta, the start of another fiesta and surviving from a hell ride, we went to the nearby Changi village for a much deserved feast.
Tuck in




No comments:
Post a Comment