5.7.08

Day 5: And the party is over

It's the last day. Mixed feelings again: happy to get back but sad to leave...

Nehru!
Today's highlight, other than going home, was the trapeze. But before that, we returned to the topic on fears. For me, it is the fear of not living up to other people's expectations. Different people have their own fears to conquer and the trapeze was definitely a way to reflect upon ourselves.
Many of us were hesitant about going. It was really high. Thinking that I might as well get this over and done with, I rushed to the front few of the queue.
Standing on the platform, which isn't very big and telling myself not to look down, I inevitably did. Wow, it was really high. Looking at the bar in front, I hesitated for quite a while...

Ready?

Standing broad jump

Looking intensely at the bar, I jumped and tried to reach for it. Yes! Touched the bar and dropped down. Super happy. Guess if you are really determined, any fears could be conquered.


Looking back at all the activities during this OBS, I can really get emotional...

It wasn't really physically demanding. If I have to say, OBS challenges and strengthens your perception of yourself. Whether is it a personal battle or working in a group, no one is perfect. Am really glad that there's OBS (all the bonds made etc.), because it may be the last time that you are placed in such an environment.

Don't know what to say but really, OBS rocks.

No comments: