29.6.08

@ Earle Swensen's

Earle Swensen's, seemed like a 'classy' cousin of Swensen's, was where we had lunch.



The whole place was rather spacious and offered quite a nice view.

Wanted to order the chef's recommendation of Earle sandwich but it did not come with the salad bar, so in the end settled for fish and chips. After our orders, the waitress gave us the 'official pass' to attack the salad bar (well, that's the attitude I got).

Looking at the salad bar, I was takened aback. There was no soup or pasta (they taking the salad in salad bar too literally, but that's okay). The variety was rather average though. They do have potato chips and jackfruit chips, which I find unique but a little too sweet for me.



After the slight disappointment from the salad bar, I was waiting hungrily for my main course. It was then that I was dealt with my second misery. Looking at the main course, it felt like a degustation session as the portion of fish and chips was quite small. Surprising though, I was actually quite full from eating the greens (more so than I thought I would be), but the fish and chips was at least enjoyable.

Perhaps a place to enjoy the surrounding while enjoying your greens.

No comments: