This week was quite a tiring week, with CO's change of command parade set on Wednesday and combat live firing set on friday. Needless to say, there were many rehearsals for the parade. Initially, I was involved as part of the marching contingent, which meant that I will have to be very proficient in all my static and arms drills. However, after the first day of training, I was to be the colours vehicle commander, meaning that I do not have to march. How glad I was as I was still having a very strenous SOC training on Tuesday. Anyway, being a colours vehicle commander was quite stressful because everyone will be focussing on the vehicle, the only vehicle that everyone is paying compliments to. In all, I thought that the parade went well and I kind of miss the ex-CO.
Bored, angst, that was what many people were feeling when we were having our combat live firing on Friday as this meant that we book out on Saturday. The live firing was, how do I put it, quite unexpected. The weather was good, with only a light shower in the evening. The ground was dry. Everything was fantastic except the firing. Maybe it was because that we all got our marksmanship, which I doubt was the reason, that resulted in poor firing. Many guns have IA and the results were terrible. Not only that, I was a safety specialist, meaning that I walked up and down the lane many times. Positively, it meant that I would not be bored, as there will not be time to worry of boredom. Negatively, it was killing my legs. As my friend calculated, we could have completed a route march. Glad that it was over, though not sure whether I will be re-firing due to the poor result. Hope not.
No comments:
Post a Comment