Monday was a dreaded day, as usual. However, this particular Monday was worse than usual. This Monday, I had to go for my blood test at the medical centre. For those who do not really know me, I dislike the sight of blood, whether is it taken from me or from others. I do not like my life force being drawn out with a piercing needle. Call me a wimp, but I seriously hate it. That was why I hoped Monday would not come. Luckily, the previous day was my duty as COS because I was too tired to complain about my fear. As I ended my COS duty, I thought to myself, let's get this done and over with. The sky, never that clear before, was almost liken to mocking at my fears. With heavy footsteps, I approach the medical centre. I was thinking, since sooner or later, my blood has to be drawn, I would rather be the first guinea pig. Lucky for me, the medic only took one precise shot at me. I had friends who were jabbed four times. I looked at the opposite direction as my blood was drawn, hoping that this will be the last time. Well, the whole event was quite smooth sailing, maybe it's me thinking too much about it.
Tuesday was SOC test day. I wondered the number of times I took the SOC test, I could not even remember, it was that many and I was sick of it. There were some people who get statuses just to excape from SOC and I thought I would resort to that too. Anyway, I was telling myself, this will be my last time. Either pass or status forever. As the timing start, I began to run. Run and run, to the low wall. Thought I ran quite fast, but the stopwatch said otherwise. I was a few seconds slower than normal. Cleared the low wall, parallel bar, stepping board, and was facing thew swing trainer and low rope, the two hatest obstacles. It was now or never. I rejoiced as I cleared both and began the run to the last few obstacles. Jumping down from the low ramp, I told myself, come on, last leg of the race. I pushed myself, forced myself to breathe, and pushed myself somemore. 500m, 300m, 200m, and the last hundred. As I cross the finishing line, I knew I passed. 9 minutes 04 seconds, quite a remarkable timing. What a glorious day for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment