10.9.07

Happy Birthday

The day has come for me to admit that I am no longer a -teen. Finally a twenty years old, I didn't felt that the world has changed much, or maybe it's just me. Anyway, a birthday is always a special day, a day where you feel like the king of the world, celebrating the day with never-ending feasts. And that is exactly what I did.

First stop, high tea buffet at Furama hotel. Met up with my secondary school very close bunch of friends to celebrate my birthday at the hotel. It was a high tea style buffet, so there were a good spread of desserts and carbo-filled food. At the time we were there, there was a huge group of aged tourists and they weren't exactly very civilised. Thus, we chose to sit a little apart from them. The food there was, how do I put it, not exactly top class for its price. Some of the food very not very fresh nor delicious and the spread was somehow lacking in variety. The only good thing was its desserts. There were chocolate fondue, which some people do not know how to use, tarts, cakes and eclairs. I certainly ate my fill at the desserts.

Second stop, dinner with family. Rested a while before having dinner, I was ready to continue the celebration. We had claypot fish head at a place nearby. The quality wasn't as good as usual, but I still enjoyed it because the whole family was sharing it.

Third stop, birthday cake at home. My dad bought a chocolate cake, very fattening, from Bengawan solo. We sang the birthday song, took pictures, ate the wonderful cake. I couldn't even afford to have a second slice, I was that full.

Fourth stop, with friends at Swensens. Got a call from my friends that they were at J8 and wanted me to come down. I rushed my way there and we were ready to feast at Swensens. As it was my birthday, I received a complimentary birthday ice cream. It was quite nice and fattening. We order a chocolate fondue, and yet again, and a banana split. The chocolate fondue looked very pretty and delicious.

Last stop, K box. Still have some time left before the end of my regime, my friend drove all of us to K box. We sang and sang till 2am. Still a bad singer though, I really had fun, laughing, joking, singing. The only thing was that they didn't want me to pay my share, felt a little guilty as it wasn't that cheap.

To everyone, thanks a lot. Really enjoyed myself on my birthday. Thanks.

No comments: