26.9.07

Swan Lake

Went to catch the Swan Lake on ice performance at the Esplanade last Saturday. The tickets cost 50 bucks each, but I would say it was worth it. It was my first time inside the Esplanade theatre. We were seated facing the circle of the stage, which was very lucky compared to others who have to view the performance at an angle. The performance kicked off at slightly later than eight. Some of the audiences were not seated yet, guess that must have taught them something about arriving on time. Before this performance, I based my knowledge of Swan lake from the disney barbie's version of it. Swan lake is about a prince who is looking for a life partner through dancing with the ladies. One day, he was out hunting and he saw a beautiful lady, the princess, and was enchanted with her. However, the evil wizard schemed to destroy their love. In the end, with the help of everybody, their love triumped. The performance was superb and professional. Although some actors fell while skating, they quickly got up and resume their roles, as if the fall did not happen. This, I thought, was very professional of them. Even though I pity about their fall, as the ice flooring was cold and wet, some of the audiences were immature about it. I was glad that I brought my blazer, the one that I bought and did not really fully utilise, as the temperature was a little chilly. Overall, I was glad to catch the wonderful performance as it was a once in a lifetime experience.

No comments: