11.12.07
Touched
It was the second day of my giving-out-newspaper job. It was at Pasir Ris, a super far place away from home. I would have thought it would have been another boring day, another day where I will give out the papers with a fake smile plastered on my face. However, that was not the case. Actually, I felt happy giving out the papers and I have to thank this particular stranger for it. This stranger is no doubt a stranger, just passing by Pasir Ris. However, this special someone actually said thanks to me after receiving his papers. I was almost shocked, but definitely happy to hear that rare utter of acceptance. That. I think, is what's lacking in our culture. We tend to focus on ourselves and forget to appreciate the service provided. It takes only a simply thank you to brighten up other people's day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment