Synopsis:
Northern Lights, the first of His Dark Materials trilogy, is about the girl Lyra finding out about the truth of the GOBlers, her parents, leading to a bold adventure to the arctic. Along the way, gypsies, witches and an exiled ice bear accompany her journey to save her friends and discover the truth.
Review:
Those who think that the Golden Compass will be the next Lord of the Rings, you may be in for a little disappointment. However, I have to say that the Golden Compass is rather decent. It has a great plot and an even better casts: Nicole Kidman as the wonderfully psychotic Mrs Coulter, Daniel Craig as the guardian Lord Asrial, Sir Ian Mckellen as the imposing ice bear and newcomer Dakota as Lyra. Personally, I didn't like Lyra as I find her to be too independent. As the first movie of the trilogy, most of the characters appear briefly with little character development. Perhaps more in the sequel.
Rating:
3.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment