17.12.07

J8 Christmas shopping madness

It is the annual event of J8: Christmas shopping madness whereby there will be discounts in almost all the shops. Some discounts go up to 75%, which is crazy. In conjunction with the shopping discounts, there were many gifts redemption and lucky draws. Anticipating the huge crowd in J8, my family went there 2 hours before the event actually began and lucky that we did so. For this year, I planned to get the Philips portable dvd player which is going for the price of twenty dollars. However, it was limited to the first fifty people who had purchased over $300, which my dad did. I was busy coordinating the queues because there were really some competition. Just glad that I'm more bitchy than most people. Anyway, the long wait began and the queue kept on increasing. This year, the christmas event's emcees were Daniel Ong and the gorgeous Michelle Chia. They were funny and great. I even got a photo with Michelle, wonderful. After a grueling air-deprieved stay in J8, we went back home to recharge, before heading back for the midnight lucky draw. There were a total of 10 prizes, ranging from ipod to a $6000+ necklace. I was really hoping that my dad would win something. Everyone was waiting in anticipation for their names to be called. It was really nerve-wrecking. Well, my dad didn't get chosen. But, I was glad that I got my dvd player and a photo with Michelle. The crowd may have lessen over the years but I surely look forward to next year's event.

No comments: