27.11.07

The train ride

Not many times will you be able to board a train,
That had its people so sparse and few.
With its empty rows of seats,
I sat down and pondered my life.
How I wished I was a child again,
With no worries except to obey my parents.
How I wished I was a child again,
Where everything was there for me.
How I wished I was a child,
Where my future was not planned by myself.
But I know I was not,
For there is an end to the innocence.
Looking at the people in the train,
I noticed their tiredness.
Could it be their job,
Or their choice to be.
It was not easy to choose,
And even harder to follow.
With so many uncertainties,
How do I stay brave.
The future may be bright for some,
May be an abyss unknown.
Surely there comes a time,
Where my baby step can show.

No comments: