Decided to visit Sungei Buloh since I do not remember being there before. To get there, I took to Kranji MRT followed by 925 to Kranji reservoir car park and then a 15 minutes walk to the wetland reserve. It was really far indeed. During Sundays, 925 alights directly outside the place. Regardless, I have my trusty Google maps.
 |
| Sungei Buloh Wetland Rerserve |
 |
| Start of Route 1 |
 |
| Follow the monitor lizard |
 |
| Birds |
 |
| Mudskipper |
 |
| Basking under the hot sun |
It was really quiet on a weekday, which worked for me. Only Route 1 was opened that day but the 3km walk sufficed. There were lots of monitor lizards. I wasn't sure of the decorum but decided to let them pass before I continue my walk. Sungei Buloh is a popular place for migratory birds from as far as Russia to stopover. As a result, there were quite a couple of bird watchers armed with their big cameras. I spotted a few varieties but I heard that the best time to visit is in the early mornings.
There were many other creatures in the mangrove habitat such as mudskippers (which I learnt in primary school) and crabs. They were continuously hiding in the mud to prevent the birds from finding them. I was hoping to spot the estuarine crocodiles but luck wasn't on my side.
In all, Sungei Buloh was a nice place to visit and let nature come to you. Hopefully when the Kranji Way entrance is opened, it will be more accessible. Oh, sunscreen and mosquito repellent are advisable.
No comments:
Post a Comment