17.11.14

@ Arnolds Fried Chicken

I have not heard of Arnolds Fried Chicken until I was searching for the best fried chicken in Singapore. For the uninitiated, Arnolds Fried Chicken is Singapore's own fried chicken and has been in business for 30 years. The main outlet at City Plaza is not convenient for me. Thankfully, they have recently opened at Yishun 10 and Hougang Green.

I went to the Yishun 10 outlet for lunch. The first thing to do was to join the queue and order your food. After paying, you will get a buzzer while you sit and wait for your food. I read from other blogs that the wait could take up to an hour. Just to show that the chicken are freshly fried.

For myself, I waited for a bearable 15 minutes and was rewarded with my fried chicken. There was smoke emitting upon tearing apart the chicken skin. Very hot indeed. Taste-wise, they were less salty and oily compared to other fried chicken. However, the chicken breast could be juicier though.

Comparing to KFC, this felt like a slightly healthier choice but could do with a shorter wait and more outlets. 

2-piece chicken meal ($6.60)
Freshly fried and not oily

No comments: