2.2.08
CNY celebration at DSO
Doing my internship at DSO, it was my first time celebrating chinese new year at a company level so I did not know what to expect. A couple of days before the celebration, tents were set up, which meant a big-scale event. However, the surprise still came when the celebration began. The tents were set up to house the buffet spread (vegetarian and non-vegetarian) and other food stalls (laksa, satay, fried food and even tang yuan). To initiate the event, there was a lion dance performance. Such noisy performance was certainy a contrast to the quiet environment in DSO. Watching the performance, it reminded me of my secondary school days when I used to perform as a lion-dancer too. After the half an hour performance, there were lao yu sheng for the permanent staff of DSO. Apparently, one must pay for the yu sheng. Thus, we, interns, started on the buffet. Luckily we were early as there were really a lot of people. Quite a turn-off, actually. Due to the crowd, I was reluctant to queue for the food. Entertainment wise, there was a lucky draw. I queued for almost an hour and was glad to received a ten dollar voucher. After that, there was a movie screening of ratatouille, to celebrate the year of the rat. It was a fun-filled event and definitely not what I expected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment