The dreaded week had finally came. It's Advanced Close Combat Training (ACCT) time for my company. I could recall a few months back when I was having the intermediate CCT, I thought that would be the last time I will have to do the breakfalls and throws, but no, somebody thought that we have to finish the whole CCT package. Well, one good thing about ACCT was that there were less techniques, each still required breakfall no less. However, the sparring component remains and worse still, now we had to incorporate kicking to our fights. Personally, it's a love and hate affair because no doubt it's a change in my usual schedule, but the breakfall was simply a physical torture. I wasn't the only one complaining though.
After the physically demanding ACCT, I had to service my vehicle. My company will be the first to hand over the fleet of vehicles, so all the vehicle commanders are busy repairing the faults. This servicing, or should I equate it to gym training, is both time consuming and back-breaking. My fellow vehicle commanders and I had to break the tracks, change sprocket wheels and then join back the tracks. Even typing it seemed tiring. Working our asses off, as always, we were however reprimanded because we do not want to involve the men. Talking about micro-manage, I would rather have skilled people working with me than a bunch of people lingering around. In addition to the servicing, I had to wash vehicles for two days straight. Getting sprayed at by high pressured water jet was not a good feeling. Well, at least we finished washing all the vehicles and hopefully, they do not require another round of washing. All the unappreciated hardwork.
OTTFFSSENT! One silly logic sequence tested by my fellow vehicle commander, Walter. No clues given and the answer is lame to me. Have to thank Walter though, if not for his quizzes, this week would have seemed ages. Other than sequence games, we played other logic games whereby we were given part of a storyline and try to guess the whole plot. We were allowed to ask true/false questions. Weird that all the story lines have people dying. Nevertheless, the game was highly engaging with each of us competing to solve the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment