28.7.07

Platoon cohesion

Had a platoon cohesion on friday at Taste of Thailand. The turnout was good, with only one man not present. My ex-PC was also present. Quite a long time since he ORD, he is not in real estates. Maybe I could get a discount when I buy a house next time. Anyway, paid 20 for the food and the food was decent. Had lots of pineapple rice, vegetables, black pepper chicken, spring onion pork, fish maw soup. The best would have to be the cereal prawns, delicously good, steamed codfish, simple and purely tasty, and tofu in real crabmeat sauce, creatively sumptious. My table, the least people, was the only one which ate finished all the dishes. Partly because we were really hungry after the hardwork of washing vehicles and partly because the food was good. That was only the first part of the cohesion.
After the devouring of food, we gathered for photo taking. Had a platoon and then a section level one. Although we took several photos in our past cohesions, I seriously had never seen the photos materialised.
For the second part of the cohesion, the men rented a bus to Kranji dam, whereever that is, for fishing. A pity the junior commanders,including me, could not join them as we were not properly attired and we were very tired. Well, the men were very enthusiastic about the fishing, with some of them even brought their own fishing equipment. Have to admit, they know how to have fun. Well, hope that they enjoy themselves.
Meanwhile, we were finishing the meal with durians as dessert. Bought 20 dollars worth of durias, we sat at a nearby coffee shop to tuck into the king of fruits. Personally, I prefer the sweeter of them. Tried many different durians, yet I am still amateur in selecting them. After that, we parted to our own home.

No comments: