JH was pestering me that we have not had our monthly food outing. Since I had a sudden craving for ramen, it would be a good chance to check out Keisuke Tonkotsu King at Orchid Hotel.
Diners beware. The queue at this 20-seater restaurant can take up to an hour. Be prepared to wait. After submitting our orders (you get to choose the soup broth, ingredients, oil level, noodle texture), we were shown into the restaurant.
Service was quick and this must be a reward for the long queue. However, if you have to wait for your ramen, there's free flow of hard boiled eggs and lightly spiced beansprouts. Those who are worried that the beansprouts will have an earthy taste need not fear as the vegetables were tasty and crunchy.
Had a hard time resisting the ramen while I took some pictures. One mouth in and ah..., this tonkotsu broth was good. Very good. Milky and slightly salty. The noodles were decent but nothing to rave about. On the other hand, the egg was heavenly. Gosh, how did they do it. I would have ordered another serving of the egg if it weren't $2 per egg. Really yummy. The charsiu was a letdown though as it was tough.
Will I return to Keisuke Tonkotsu King? The broth and egg are major pull factor but only if the queue is shorter.
No comments:
Post a Comment