BQ was my housemate back in college and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a facebook wedding invitation by him. Needless to say, I am going for his big day. The wedding dinner was held at Alkaff Mansion, 10 Telok Blangah Green.
| Up the hill |
| Those lovely lamps |
| Solemnisation |
| Really gorgeous |
| Alkaff Mansion |
| Dinner at level 2 |
| Dinner menu |
| Warm and moist bread with olive oil & balsamic vinegar |
| Marinated Scottish salmon 'tartare' with sour cream & own roe |
| Homemade stuffed duck 'ravioli' in butter & sage with pistachios |
| Slow cooked US beef short rib with green asparagus & mustard sauce |
| White chocolate & coffee 'parfait' with espresso sauce |
Overall, the atmosphere at the restaurant was romantic and great for a date. The service was attentive as well. I love the texture of the slow cooked beef and how it played on my tongue. The dessert was amazing too. That be said, I wouldn't think of spending $108 for the four course meal.
On a personal note, I am really happy for BQ and his wife. This informal wedding setting allowed them to catch up with family and friends. Tears aside, bliss inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment