26.1.08
Courtesy
In this age where mankind has evolved to be more intellectual, it seems a surprise that many people are forgetting what it was used to be. In my opinion, we are becoming more practical and calculative, with most embracing the "you-will-not-take-advantage-of-me" attitude. It is definitely scary, and I'm not saying that I'm not one of them. That's why, it appeared as a surprise to me to observe a random act of courtesy. This incident occurred as I travelled home on a train ride. It was very packed, as usual, almost to the point of suffocation. Whenever there's a seat available, many will rush to it, as if they were playing musical chairs. By right, the seats should be offered to the elderly or handicapped. But then again, do you get something out of it? Many would act as if they are really sleeping, some would just continue playing their psp or nds, some just look blankly as they blast their music. Luckily, a middle aged lady who retained her courtesy values offered the elderly person her seat. Seriously, we need to improve on our courtesy. That's why I usually stand in the mrt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment