9th September, my birthday, but just like any other day except for the presents.
Somehow, whenever I receive presents from friends, I will always feel awkward. It's not that I don't like the presents. Rather, it is the thought that I wasn't physically there to celebrate theirs. But I guess the right thing to do is to graciously accept their gifts with a heartfelt thanks.
This day is also my last day interning. Didn't tell my colleagues to avoid them spending any more money on me. They've been too good to me. I seemed like a birthday kid when I handed snacks to them. In the HR office, someone else was celebrating her birthday. As I sang the birthday song to her, it's almost as if they were celebrating for me as well. Lol...
Out of all the birthday songs, only one stuck in my mind. 温岚's ‘祝我生日快乐’ seems to suit my current feelings.
If every birthday is entitled three wishes, I could only hope that my last one would come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment