In the forgotten corner of the replacement plant, I looked back on my life.
I am a robot, with functioning mechanism and my own unique model tag.
Who are my parents?
I have no idea. I just know that I am here to replace them, in the replacement cycle.
Do I have siblings?
Not that I care.
Do I have friends?
Unless they serve any practical purposes.
Like any other robots, my existence is to improve the world, or so I think.
Everybody lives in their own world, their own life, without thinking for others. It is unlikely that our paths will ever intersect. It is just not practical.
Why should we care about others? I was not programmed to do that. What gains do I get? Emotional support? Not that it could be traded in for money. Happiness? What is that? So long we accomplish the path that was set for us, we should be 'happy'. Who cares what others think about me, they don't have the same model tag as me.
Cold? Well, it has always been this cold, get used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment