13.9.14

@ Tonkatsu & Sake Bar Tonzaemon by Ma Maison

I love Japanese food and when I heard that there is a row of Japanese restaurants at CHIJMES, I could not wait to try them out. With E and A, we went to Tonkatsu & Sake Bar Tonzaemon by Ma Maison.

It was dinner time and the restaurant was respectfully packed. Thankfully there was a table for us as seating at the bar counter would be difficult to chat. I liked how the place is spacious and evokes a feel of Japan's izakaya.



Potato salad appetiser
(Yummy combination of potato, tuna, cucumber and ham)

Aburi mentaiko
(An acquired salt-ish taste)

Seafood set of fish, prawn & oyster
(Very fresh and nicely fried)

Chili tonkatsu
(Almost choked on the spiciness. Do not belittle this)

Miso tonkatsu
(The salty miso sauce accentuates the juicy pork fillet)

Sauces to go with the tonkatsu

Matcha parfait
(Very good desert of matcha ice cream, azuki beans, dumpling and almond cream)

A really good dining experience of attentive service and exceptional food. Even though it was fried, the food was not oily at all and the meat retained its juiciness. For those who want a balanced diet, there is the option of multigrain rice as well as a free flow of vegetable. Other than the main dishes, the miso soup was choke full of ingredients. Really oishii.   

No comments: