I love chicken, especially fried chicken. As fried food are unhealthy, I tend to limit my intake of them. However, after watching a drama show which kept promoting fried chicken and beer as the way to happiness, I knew I could not resist my temptation further. That was why R and I ended up at Chicken Up for their chicken and beer buffet.
| Andong Stew |
There were a couple of items on the buffet menu and the helpful staff recommended a few to start with. What arrived first was the andong chicken stew. I believed it was chicken cooked in sesame oil and dried chili with Korean vermicelli and leek. There was also Korean rice cake which was chewy and not hard at all. A very nice stew albeit somewhat spicy.
| hite beer |
Thankfully there's free flow of beer to curb the spicy stew.
| Truffle Fries |
While we wait for the fried chicken, we were served their truffle fries. Fresh crispy fries were drizzled lightly with truffle scent made this an addictive dish. While I prefer a heavier dose of truffle oil, this was a good rendition. We ordered a couple more of this.
| Soya Sauce Fried Chicken |
The star of Chicken Up lies in their fried chicken. Forget KFC with their inconsistent standard of greasy and dry meat for the moment as this is the new KFC (Korean Fried Chicken). The chicken arrived piping hot with crispy skin and surprisingly not oily at all. The soya sauce gave it an extra flavour. A true guide to happiness indeed.
There were other flavours available: sweet and spicy, spicy up and mild up. All these came in huge pieces and will no doubt satisfy your craving. If you are lazy to chew, there are popcorn chicken too.
A great place for a guy's night out. I walked out swearing off chicken but the craving returned.
No comments:
Post a Comment