15.8.10

Bbq with Colleagues

Had a gathering with colleagues (only engineers) at Downtown East Coasta Sands chalet. It was more of a bbq since we didn't stay overnight.
Met in the afternoon to get apple and durian strudels as requested by the ladies. Then, met up with the rest to get the groceries. I was a little surprised that there was a Popeye's Chicken branch there. It seems like the franchise was not that exclusive anymore. Later on, we collected our bbq food from the supplier we have ordered with. It was so much easier than getting from the supermart since this was done online (we have to sacrifice a little on the taste though).
Since there was an hour before dinner time, they decided to start a game of blackjack. Not a gambler, I watched with interest at the flow of money.
Finally, the highlight of the event: Bbq. Typical of every bbq that I experienced, there was bound to have excess food. This wasn't any different. Of all, the curry chicken and satay were fantastic. The durian strudel was memorably delicious. While eating, I was watching the YOG opening ceremony. Not outstanding but maybe they were targeting a different group of audiences.
After dinner, it was back to gambling. Not my cup of tea but could feel their excitement and fun.
Even though the time was short, I have to say, it was really enjoyable. It was a really different side of them.

No comments: